DREAM CATCHERS ON GOURDS By: Margo Bowden
1. Cut a hole in a gourd or a gourd piece.
2. Drill holes evenly spaced around the hole.
NOTE: The dream catcher will look different by the distance the holes are drilled apart from each other around the large hole. The closer the holes the smaller the openings in the netting will be. The farther the distance between the small drilled holes around the large hole, the bigger the holes will be in the dream catcher's netting.
1. One bead for sure to use inside the gourd, to keep the sinew from pulling thru. More beads if you want them to decorate the small holes that are drilled around the one large hole.
2. Sinew, amount depends on how large or small the main hole is and how many small holes are drilled around the large hole. The sinew will be splitting 3-4 times before using it. Take that into consideration.
3. A darning needle or needle that will fit into the holes that are drilled.
4. A hole can be left in the center of the dream catcher for hanging a feather or some decorative piece in the middle of the dream catcher, such as a bead or finish it up with no hole in the center.